Here are some of the top deck building mistakes that are commonly made. Be sure that you are not making these mistakes and you too can save lives.
- Failing to install a continuous handrail on stairs
- Installing hardware incorrectly and using the wrong fasteners
- Bolting beams to the sides of posts’
- Over spanning composite decking
- Building stairs with incorrect riser heights
- Ignoring clearances and inhibiting access
- Attaching deck ledgers poorly
- Setting piers in disturbed soil
- Incorrectly attaching guardrail posts
- Making beam splices in the wrong places
Read more on these mistakes on the Fine Building Home Blog.
If you want to have your deck properly built or even fixed call us today at 310 994 4626 and we will send you a professional decking contractor to take a look.